Monday 24th January 2022 at 16.00 in the Blencathra Room
|Present: Phil Park (PP), Joan Armstrong (JA), John Sheffield (JS) and Carol Slinger (CS)||ACTION|
|Apologies Barry Rogers (BR) Will Dean (WD) Javid Latif(JV)|
|Minutes from the last meeting The minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 2nd November were agreed as a true record of the meeting and were sent for publication on the club website on Friday 5th November.|
|Matters arising from previous meetings minutes |
Feedback on the content of the ‘Yellow Book’. ST (Previous Chair) delivered the final document of recommended rules changes in readiness for the AGM vote.The EC’s annual report had been delivered in time for inclusion in the 2021 AGM report on 5th November.
|Membership of the EC 2022 |
The Club Captain was unable to attend this meeting due to work commitments.
The Club Vice-Captain has indicated that he would like to devote his time to the Vice-captaincy and future Captaincy role and not participate in EC meetings. He kindly offered to support the club whenever he can.
PP stated that it is hoped that the two committees can work much more closely together in the wider interests of the club As there are new members on the EC the duties of the EC were reiterated, i.e. The EC shall meet at least quarterly to scrutinise and hold accountable, on behalf of the membership of the club, the performance of the MC in particular; achieving objectives of the club, establishing and maintaining good governance with the rules, and overseeing limitations set out in rule 6 (limitations of the Management Committee).
|Election of a Chairperson |
CS proposed, PP seconded and all agreed, that John Sheffield would be Chairperson of the EC for 2022. subsequently thanked Sally Tomlinson and Peter Holliday for their hard work over the last 12 months as members of the EC. PP has also written to them both in his role as President to thank them on behalf of the club for their hard work and diligence.
PP has provided the Chair of MC with some context regarding circulation of AGM advice to members from EC following correspondence from a member.
|Questions posed by the EC to the previous MC |
PP has informed the Chair of the MC, in his new role, that there were a number of legitimate questions that had been raised by the EC on club matters which still required a formal response from the MC. This is now being progressed by the MC.
|PGC Website The EC are pleased that the new website is now up and running and they hope that the website can be used in a positive way to promote and market the club. It would be extremely helpful if previous minutes from 2021 were available on the website so that they can be accessed easily by members without having to make an application on a continual basis for their release. The EC feels that it will also be important to make effective use of the Members News section so that there are regular updates to members on club matters. It was noted that some page layouts need some adjustments, particularly for those members who access the website on tablets and mobile phones. It is also unclear what arrangements are in place to deal with website technical issues now that the club has changed suppliers.|
|AOB Following a request from Chair of MC there was a general discussion regarding more effective use of the clubhouse and wider facilities. PP will respond on behalf of EC with some context and suggestions. (Progressed since the meeting).||PP|
|The meeting concluded at 17.30 Date of next meeting to be confirmed.|