Tuesday 8th February 2022 at 18.30 in the Blencathra Room
PRESENT: Scott Cameron (Chair, SC) Gideon Sharp (GS) David Harding (DH) Dougie Parker (DP)
Chris Stockdale (CS) Phil Murfitt (PM)
|1.||APOLOGIES All present.|
|ADOPTION OF MINUTES FROM PREVIOUS MEETING|
The minutes of the previous committee meeting held on Tuesday 11th January were circulated to all five committee members. The final minutes of the meeting were agreed as a true record of the meeting on Wednesday 19th January and published on Thursday 20th January.
|2.||MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETING|
i. Gate or barrier on the drive to restrict access out of hours of vehicles onto the club premises. There is a growing concern that substantial damage to the course could occur if this is not actioned
ii. Scrutiny of rules for governance of the club– Ongoing discussion around this topic and consensus was a full review of out-of-date policies and rules was needed.
iii. Club V1 Access – Access to be limited to staff and selected officers.
iv.Defib on Hoggest –SC to ask ambulance service if anything can be contributed for this from any grant sources
v. Chairman Parking Space Raffle – Raffle is now open until end of February. Tickets available in the pro shop and are £10.00. The money will be used for new mats on the driving range.
|3.||HEALTH AND SAFETY1. The cellar doorway needs attention and PM is actioning this|
i. No concerns have been reported.
ii. Safe Golf has been renewed with England Golf for another year.
i. No disciplinaries this month.
All correspondence was discussed, and replies/acknowledgements sent to relevant parties
i. Suggested that we start a plan of programme of works and the costings so we can start to improve the club, course and driving range. SC to progress this
|8.||FINANCIAL TEAM MANAGEMENT|
i.The club finances are in a healthy position
ii.DP – Will send out reminders to members that haven’t paid and investigate if they are joining again
iii.DP – In the process of closing down the PGC ltd company
|9||FACILITIES TEAM MANAGEMENT|
i. Lights in club house – PM is still exploring this with electrician to modifying the lights to LED as a cost saving exercise to prolong the life of the lights
ii. 3 Phase electricity – Is not installed into the building after further investigation this would be a considerable cost to club and is not viable now
iii. Blinds in Blencathra Room – Blinds installed by PM, contribution from the ladies’ section to buy and fit these
iv. Locks on changing rooms for when functions are on. These will be keypads locks
v. Locks on toilet doors to be replaced – PM will buy and DH will action
vi. Baby changer to be explored in the disabled toilet – PM
vii. Kitchen will be redecorated on the 22nd and 23rd of this month to help with food hygiene rating
viii. Wifi issues are ongoing – CS approaching someone to fix this
|10.||MARKETING TEAM MANAGEMENT|
i. New buggies will arrive in March
ii. Various major events are being explored as a way of raising money to further develop the club and its facilities
i. We have had several issues with buggies on the course. Please can members make themselves aware of our buggy policy and follow any on course signage.
ii. 1st Green is finished and is sitting and settling well
i. Green fees and competition entries going well and are up on 2021 at this stage
ii. Presentation Day to be organised on the 29th March – A shotgun start for the competition followed by a presentation in the clubhouse.
iii. Queens Platinum Jubilee comp to be organised with a BBQ afterwards. The Competition to start at 14:00 to allow for county team to play in the morning.
iv. The materials for the fence around the buggy parking area have been delivered and it will be erected ASAP
|14||Meeting closed at 21.30|
DATE, TIME AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING – Tuesday 8th March at 6.30pm In the Clubhouse.