Tuesday 8th March 2022 at 18.30 in the Blencathra Room
PRESENT: Scott Cameron (Chair, SC) Gideon Sharp (GS) David Harding (DH) Dougie Parker (DP)
Chris Stockdale (CS) Phil Murfitt (PM)
|ADOPTION OF MINUTES FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGThe minutes of the previous committee meeting held on in February were circulated to all five committee members. The final minutes of the meeting were agreed as a true record of the meeting on Wednesday 14th February and a summary was published on Thursday 15th January
|MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGGate on entrance – Gate is currently being built and will be fitted soon. The father of the person who was driving around on the practice area is offering to pay for part of the gateClub V1 – Access to be restricted to certain areas where sensitive information is stored
|HEALTH AND SAFETY1. The cellar doorway needs attention and PM is actioning this – 8/3/22 – Ongoing
|SAFE GUARDINGNo concerns have been reported.
|DISCIPLINARIESNo disciplinaries this month.
|CORRESPONDENCEThe Cumbria executive committee have suggested that they hold the big 6 event in 2024 – GS is progressing
|FINANCIAL TEAM MANAGEMENT 521 Subscriptions paidWe are contacting members who have not paid to see if they still want to join
|FACILITIES TEAM MANAGEMENT1. Locks for toilet doors should be fixed within the week.2. Central heating autofill – Ongoing3. Brightening up of the windows in clubhouse – by painting windows white – PM to price this up and check affordability4. Keypads are now fitted to the locker room doors to stop visitors accessing them out of hours5. Light in visitors changing room is broken – PM actioning
|MARKETING TEAM MANAGEMENT1. Spoke to British telecom and they are phasing out copper phone lines in 2025 they have quoted a significant amount of money for wifi2. CS is meeting with Infinity the current provider to discuss further options – DH there is still 2 years left on the contract for the current wifi and phone system3. The current draytech router is not working properly. CS is sorting a new router and will be in the region of £2504. Just short of £100,000 in bookings for the year
|COURSE MANAGEMENTTemporary greens have had to be put in place with the recent frost – The green keepers must decide early in the morning to protect the course and their decision needs to be respected8th Green – When greenkeepers have started digging there has already been 4 attempts to put in drains for this green. This has made the green unstable and due to heavy rain, there was some collapsing of the channels. The greenkeepers have worked hard over the last week and will continue to work to try and get this rectified, but it will not be in play for the first week in April. The greenkeepers will attempt to have part of the green open soon after the first week15th Green will be back in play for the first week in April1st Green will hopefully be back in for the first week in April if the next few weeks are relatively dryThe storm damage will be picked up in the coming weeks a group of volunteers are helping to sort this out. A big thank you to them to help. Due to a dry December and January there hasn’t been much golf missed over the winter, therefore the course hasn’t had chance to recoverXact will come and complete course and clubhouse risk assessments in April
|Golf management1. Lightning detection – Professionals to research systems
|AOB.1. The vote for the AGM – This has been postponed until after a meeting with the EC.
|Meeting closed at 21.30DATE, TIME AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING – Tuesday 5th April at 6.30pmIn the Clubhouse.